Search:
Brandon's Adventures
Click Here

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Baby's First Food

We started feeding baby Brandon rice cereal around mid-February (he would be at 4-1/2 months old). Actually, rice cereal isn't considered a solid food. You can introduce rice cereal into your baby’s diet any time between the age of 4 and 6 months.

Brandon's first reaction: he opened his mouth for it, tasted a bit, and liked it. We had him try the Nestle brand starter Rice Cereal (from the free sample pack I got).

And don't listen to your mother-in-law. Giving baby rice cereal in milk bottle does not really help baby sleep better. Giving him foods other than breastmilk/formula before 4-months isn't recommended. Also, back in their generation, things aren't the same as the way it is now. It doesn't matter if my baby wakes up in the middle of the night once or twice to feed. That's normal. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night to wake up our Brandon even though he is still sleeping. Because I breastfeed, my breasts become as hard as a rock if I ever miss a feeding. So that isn't a good feeling for me.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Shop Step2.com