Search:
Brandon's Adventures
Click Here

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Walmart's Mom of the Year Award


Mother's Day has just passed, but to me Mother's Day is every day because we're always putting in so much effort and hard work for the best to each of our families. It was my third celebration for Mother's Day and I am so grateful to be a wonderful mom to little Brandon. He makes me so proud (most of the time). As mentioned from my previous post, Brandon made me a card at school with a framed photo of himself as a gift. That night, he hugged me and said out of the blue, "I love you, Mommy!" It was really touching and it almost made me cry.

Without question, motherhood is a labour of love. Remember the stupor of the first few days of motherhood? The weight of the responsibility of your new role overshadowed only by the intense love you now felt for this needy little being? It felt like your life had been turned upside down, and yet somehow you made it work.

The past couple of years, I've met many moms that have inspired me. Since I've starting blogging a lot more and meeting other moms through blogging networks, I have learned a lot from them. There are moms who go to great lengths to ensure their families thrive, moms who have sacrificed their career for their family (that includes me), moms who have worked to raise money for a cause they believe in and moms who have stood up and worked to make their community a better place.




About the Mom of the Year Award:

I am excited to announce that this year, Walmart is launching the Mom of the Year Award to help celebrate and recognize the huge contribution moms make as role models and integral members of the family and community. This award will become an annual program to celebrate all that Moms do and shine a light on what is important to them. Nominations will be accepted Mother’s Day (May 13) through July 8, 2012 and can be submitted through www.momoftheyear.ca. This is going to be an exciting event that I am happy share with all of you.

Eight finalists will be selected and notified in mid-August and will be treated to an award celebration weekend in September. The Mom of the Year Award recipient will receive $10,000 for personal use and $100,000 to their cause or charity of choice. The remaining seven finalists will each receive $10,000 for personal use and $10,000 to their cause or charity of choice. Can you imagine the impact you could have on your favourite charity with that much money?




Nominate a special mom in your life or maybe YOU could be the Mom of the Year!

Disclosure: I’m part of the Walmart program by Mom Central. I received compensation as a thank you for my participation. The opinions on this blog are my own. Mom of the Year Award: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY Internet access and valid email account required. Nominations open May 10, 2012 to July 8, 2012 for legal residents of Canada over the age of majority. Entrants cannot nominate themselves. One (1) grand prize available to be won consisting of $10,000 cash, a $100,000 donation by Wal-mart Canada Corp. to charity/cause and a trip to Toronto (ARV $22,000). Seven (7) runner-up prizes available to be won consisting of $10,000 cash, a $10,000 donation to charity/cause and a trip to Toronto (ARV $22,000). Charity/cause subject to verification and final approval by Wal-mart Canada Corp., at its sole discretion. Odds of winning depend on how the judging panel evaluates each entry according to the criteria. For Official Contest Rules and to nominate an entrant, visit [www.momoftheyear.ca].

Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Shop Step2.com