Search:
Brandon's Adventures
Click Here

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Allergy to Breastmilk?

Brandon was having bad eczema (again) about a month ago. It was mostly around his mouth with some on the cheeks and under the chin. I wasn't sure if it was the heat wave that just passed or something he ate that caused him to have an allergic reaction.

Brandon uses medicated cream. We've been using Cortate hydrocortisone 0.5% cream, but didn't seem to be working. I went to another family doctor that my husband's family go to. He wrote me a prescription to try 1% hydrocortisone. It is working much better. I don't really like using too much medication for Brandon. When his skin looks dry, I try to put on moisturizer (doctor recommended Glaxal Base). I also give him aloe gel to sooth the itchiness. The problem still somewhat exist because he rubs his face occasionally in the middle of the night, even though I put mitts on his hands.

What I suspected that caused his allergies or eczema to flare is my breastmilk that he has been drinking. I have eliminated cow's milk in my diet for almost a week now and Brandon's eczema allergies got better. Eliminating dairy products means I need to avoid milk, cheese, yogurt, ice cream, etc. for at least 2 weeks. Another thing I have to watch is keep him from rubbing or scratching his face.



Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Shop Step2.com