I've finally decided to share my review on the Hasbro Furby Boom that our Little Brandon had received as a gift from a special person this past Christmas. It was a toy that Brandon had been asking for quite some time. He wanted the one with the waves pattern.
Description: A New Generation Is Hatching on the free Furby Boom app, where you and your Furby Boom can collect digital eggs, hatch them, and raise a city of virtual Furby Furblings. The Furby Boom experience combines real-world interactions with virtual play for a game that will keep you coming back for more. Your Furby Boom responds to you, changes personalities based on how you treat it, dances to your music, speaks Furbish and, more than anything, wants to connect with you!
The all new Furby Boom has a mind of its own and combines physical and digital ways to play! Interact with your Furby Boom 1-on-1 to shape it’s personality. Only with Furby Boom can you hatch and raise digital Furby Furblings.
- Collect and hatch virtual Furblings to fill your city in the Furby Boom app, and try to get the golden Furblings egg
- You can hatch and raise virtual Furblings with your Furby Boom, and play games together using the free Furby Boom app
- Use the Furby Boom app to give your Furby Boom creature virtual food, checkups, showers and more
- Furby Boom will remember the name you give it and the names of other Furby Boom friends it meets
- Furby Boom has more than twice as many possible responses as the previous Furby, and how you treat Furby Boom will shape its personality
These figures reminded me of Gremlins. I have heard that the Furby can change into many personalities. One got my attention was the "evil" mode. I found that the new Furby Boom we have (not the Furby 2012 models) does not have that mode and have slightly different modes. When the Furby change, their eyes start to blink and then their personality changes with different voice tones.
Here are the personalities for the Furby Boom (from the Furby Boom user guide I found from Hasbro's website):
- If you want your Furby to be Rockin', play music so it can rock out! Crank it up, dude!
- If you want your Furby to be Sweet, pet it gently on the head, but don't pull its tail. It's just not nice!
- If you want your Furby to be Feisty, flip it upside down and tilt it back and forth. It's like a ninja move! Hi-YAH!
The first few days since having this toy, our little one had been playing with it all day. Remember, it uses 4-AA batteries and it pretty much used it all in 1-2 days of playing with it. There's no off button so we can't turn it off, but you can get it to go to sleep by putting it on its side.
Disclosure: The above mention product was purchased on my own. I received no compensation nor other products for this review. My opinions are my own and may differ from those of other consumers.