These are really easy to make. All you have to do is wash the sweet potatoes, slice them thinly, add oil, salt & pepper, and bake for about 15 minutes. The thinner the slices, the faster they will bake. These make great snacks for kids who like something crunchy. You can slice up any vegetables and make them into all-natural chips. For example, you can use carrots, cucumbers, potatoes, kale, spinach, etc.
For this recipe, we made Baked Sweet Potato Chips. Little Brandon loves helping me and wanted to learn how to make these.
4 medium sweet potatoes
4 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Wash and peel the sweet potatoes.
- Slice the potatoes as thin as possible.
- Place the sweet potato slices into a medium sized bowl, and mix in the olive oil. Keep mixing until the slices are evenly coated.
- Spread out the sweet potato slices on a baking sheet and make sure non of them are overlapping each other.
- Bake for 12 minutes, or until the sides of the slice start to curl upwards and the surface of each chip is dry to the touch.
Little Brandon also helped with layering the lasagna we made that same evening. Here is the link to the Lasagna Recipe.