Search:
Brandon's Adventures
Click Here

Monday, February 27, 2012

Empire Theatres Reel Babies Experience



It was last year that I attended a Reel Babies program for the first time. Empire Reel Babies is a baby-friendly film screening sedries for new parents. Twice a month (every other Wednesday at 1pm), Empire Theatres show new release movies for parents and adults in an environment that provides you with childcare needs. My closest Empire Theatres location with Reel Babies program is at Guildford Mall out in Surrey, which is still quite a drive away from home (45 mins maybe).

The program features lowered volumes and dim lighting so you can enjoy the movie while caring for your baby. Change tables, swings and exersaucers are available right in the auditorium to keep your baby comfortable. Mommies (and Daddys) can keep their little ones entertained while watching the movie without missing any scenes. With the baby-friendly environment and seeing other moms there like me, I feel more comfortable instead of feeling embarassed. I would hate to constantly walk out and in of the auditorium.

You don't have to be stuck at home if you're bored. If you need to go out and relax, go watch a good movie. Many of my mommy friends are already back to work, so most of the time it's just me and little Brandon. Since my Hubby now takes the transit to work, I got to borrow his car for this outing.



The last movie I went with a friend (couple weeks ago) to watch was called The Vow. This is actually my 2nd time in the Reel Babies program, and it was my friend's first time there. It was an OK movie. What my friend and I loved the most was the kids having fun together.

Synopsis
Based on the true story of a newlywed couple recovering from an accident that puts the wife in a coma. She wakes up with severe memory loss and can't remember any of her life with her new husband... so he has to fight to win her heart all over again.

Cast
Rachel McAdams, Channing Tatum, Sam Neill, Scott Speedman, Jessica Lange, Jessica McNamee, Dillon Casey, Rachel Skarsten, Brittney Irvin

To get started, register for a free account. Members get to vote for one of the posted movie selections. You'll be notified by email when voting starts. The movie with the most votes will be listed on the playdates page according to your location.

For the month of February, buy one Reel Babies admission ticket and get the second admission free. That's a pretty sweet deal! Bring a friend for FREE! Log into your Empire Insider account to print the coupon (expires Wednesday, February 29, 2012).







Disclosure: I am participating in the Empire Reel Babies program by Mom Central Canada on behalf of Empire Theatres. I received compensation as a thank you for my participation. The opinions on this blog are my own.

Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Shop Step2.com