Holiday Gift Guide presents...
(A fun storybook for any child!)
Once upon a time there was a story. It was a lovely story with absolutely NO BEARS in it—not a SINGLE BEAR anywhere.
Then one day...MORE BEARS!
KENN NESBITT is possibly the funniest and most sought-after children's poet writing today. His works have been in dozens of school textbooks around the world, as well as national television programs, and numerous children's magazines. When he's not writing, podcasting, updating his website (poetry4kids.com), or visiting schools sharing his wacky brand of humor with kids across America, Kenn can be found cuddling his collection of stuffed bears. He seriously cannot get enough of bears. Or chickens.
TROY CUMMINGS has been drawing goofy animals pretty much nonstop since kindergarten. His illustrations have appeared in newspapers, in magazines, on websites, on frozen fish stick packages, and in hospital waiting rooms. He hibernates in Greencastle, Indiana, with his wife and cubs.
I think this picture book is funny and entertaining. Even little Brandon enjoyed it. He would laugh when he sees more bears and even yells out "More Bears!" and starts counting them on the page. I really enjoy Kenn Nesbitt's stories. He surely knows how to get children entertained and wanting more.
The story is about an author who is in the process of writing his book and that it does not contain any bears at all. While he was working away, he hears someone shouting "MORE BEARS!" He got very annoyed and decided to put in only one bear, but he hears it again, "More Bears!" It would not stop and more bears are added until the pages were full of bears; so full that he wanted them off the page. Finally in the end, there were no more bears. What a cute story.
WHERE TO BUY? The book is available for purchase directly from Sourcebooks online store or on Amazon.com.
Two (2) lucky readers will have a chance to win a copy of the above mentioned book. Chosen winners will be selected via Random.org. Winners will have 48 hours to respond to claim their prize. Make sure you leave your email so I can contact you.
This is a mandatory entry:
1) Visit Kenn's website at http://www.poetry4kids.com and tell me in the comment below what other children's book is your favorite or that interests you.
For Additional Optional Entries (Post in a separate comment for each additional entry.):
2) Follow me on Google Friend Connect (2 entries)
3) Follow me on one of my other 2 blogs via Google Friend Connect - listed below followers on the sidebar (1 entry each)
4) Follow me on Twitter @jennieyuen (1 entry)
5) Follow Sourcebooks on Twitter @Sourcebooks (1 entry)
6) LIKE my Facebook Page at Jen's Reviews and Giveaways (3 entries)
7) LIKE my OTHER Facebook Page at The Art of Jennie Yuen (3 entries)
8) Post about this giveaway on your blog with the URL in the comment. (3 entries)
9) Tweet about this giveaway by tweeting the following (3 entries):
Win a copy of Kenn Nesbitt's children's book "More Bears!" from @Sourcebooks. 2 Winners! Review & #giveaway @jennieyuen http://bit.ly/fwTjNj
Contest is open to Canada and US residents. Contest closes January 20, 2011 11:59pm (PST).
Disclosure: I received a copy of the book from Sourcebooks at no charge in exchange for a review of my opinion. The opinions expressed are my own personal and honest thoughts. No other compensation was given.